May 28, 2009

Visiting is ministry?

About a week ago Noelia and her sister Carolina were the first visitors to my apartment for mate time. After, having them at my house it was the first time I ever really thought about what the time I had spent with them had meant. I soon realized if I let it, it could open many doors for me, because visiting is something we do to get to know someone better and to build confidence in the relationship. So, Tuesday the 26th Noelia and her boyfriend Pablo came over to visit. I was especially happy for this visit because Noelia studies in a nearby town and often has to be away for weeks and then comes back when she gets a break. However, she has not had to return to start classes yet so, she was able to visit again and bring Pablo, with whom I had met but didn't know very well. We of course talked about everything one person can share and they had been present at church to hear my testimony but always there is more that is left to share. With Noelia and Pablo I feel secure in my Spanish that I can make mistakes and not worry that they are judging me but looking for the best way to help me. SO, to answer my own question some of the best ways we can minister to people is to visit with them and let them know we are there for them, no matter what. I know even though I am a believer that every time Noelia or Pablo say to me " if you need anything let us know or when can we come back", it is genuine and it means so much.

0 comments:

Who is a missionary?

We are all missionaries, we just have different fields of service. What is yours? I am an international missionary, I get to meet people of all different nationalities and become friends with them, you can too. No matter where you live or what you do our world is very diverse and there are people who need Jesus all around us, reach out to them!