May 27, 2009

My first visitor!

Then on Saturday I went to the bus station at 6:30 to pick up Laura Almdale a friend of mine whom I had all my classes with in Costa Rica my first trimester. She is a missionary in Corrientes, Argentina. By 8:30 she had not arrived and I was worried, I began calling people because she is blond, thin, pretty, etc. (you never know what can happen) Then, about 15 minutes later she arrived just in time to go to the Campo (to the country side) with the Cook family, Maria and myself. We went to the campo, which is owned by Maria's grandmother to see what kind of possibilities of outreach there are in that area. We had an amazing time, getting to know what life is like in this part of the country, sharing lunch with Maria's family. We then went straight back home so that Laura could have a chance to go to a jovenes meeting at Emmanuel Baptist which is Maria's church and the one I am attending more frequently right now. On Sunday we barely woke-up in time to make it to Maria's house for an asado ( BBQ) so, that Laura could meet all of my "new Argentine family." After having a big lunch we went downtown so Laura could see what downtown Santiago is like. We walked all over downtown until it was time for her bus. Then, Maria and I went off to church with Laura safely at the bus terminal. At 11:30 I got a call from Laura telling me she had missed her bus and could I come and help her. God is faithful and I was on a bus that passed close to the terminal and I went and picked her up, figured out the problem and tookher home with me. It actually was a blessing we got to wake up the next morning, make breakfast together and talk before she left that afternoon. God blesses us in so many unexpected ways. When I first met Laura I had no idea of the impact or blessings she would bring to my life. Her example shinned so clearly through the whole bus situation, she was steady and calm, if only we could all be that way! I now am now starting to think about the people God is placing in my life now, daily. It is like when I first met Laura and I get excited because it reminds me that God can make amazing things out of what looks like nothing to us.

0 comments:

Who is a missionary?

We are all missionaries, we just have different fields of service. What is yours? I am an international missionary, I get to meet people of all different nationalities and become friends with them, you can too. No matter where you live or what you do our world is very diverse and there are people who need Jesus all around us, reach out to them!