May 18, 2009

Are you balanced?

This last Saturday I had the privilege of going to my first all day ladies retreat here in Argentina. The lady who spoke came from Buenos Aires to deliver the message and she talked about "The Characteristics of a Woman in the Church." Her main point was that we need to be balanced, clean inside and out, pure from all sides, etc. That there is a balance that we as woman have to pay close attention to, especially in the way we talk. She also went into specific examples of conduct. One thing that she said really struck me, because I have found myself thinking it many times. "Prayer is not a substitute for reading the bible." I have thought to myself before, "oh I will just pray tonight, I can read another day. Then, I begin to wonder why is God not speaking to me, why do I feel like I lack biblical knowledge. She said even if we read just a small passage it may be what we need to hear from God for that moment. What she said was nothing major or profound but I find myself needing to be reminded just like a kid all the time that I may know something but before I make it a habit, it will not have an effect on anyone or anything.

2 comments:

Jill said...

cute blog, I'm glad you got to go to the women's conference.

Preach and Heal said...

Yolanda from the HOR wants to be able to mail you. Can you send me a street address where she can send a note? I hope you are doing well and enjoying your new life in AR!

Who is a missionary?

We are all missionaries, we just have different fields of service. What is yours? I am an international missionary, I get to meet people of all different nationalities and become friends with them, you can too. No matter where you live or what you do our world is very diverse and there are people who need Jesus all around us, reach out to them!