May 19, 2009

Entertaining + Love = Unity!

On Sunday night I again had the wonderful opportunity of attending Emmanuel Baptist here in Santiago and listening to a wonderful pastor, Mr. Jay Cook himself! The message really hit home to me in many ways but especially when he said " we need to be looking through sunglasses of grace." His message was on unity, how to have it and how to destroy it. He talked a lot on pride and how a lot of times we as humans walk around with sunglasses on and only see things in the light that we want to, we don't take them off to see things how they really are, not to lower ourselves. I have never thought of myself as a prideful person, but I am human so by nature I am. I started thinking that night how could I show the people of Argentina that I want to be more unified with them. The way to have unity is to love. Romans 12:3 So, I started thinking I have already been blessed by having friends here but how can I show them I love them. Yesterday, I had the first set of visitors to my house ( Noela and Carolina) for "mate or tea time." God has blessed me with a wonderful apartment and they wanted to get to know me, so why not show them love by opening my home. Then after we shared a time of fellowship and went to a movie, they invited me to their home for dinner at 11:00 pm. I was overwhelmed by how looking at things in a different light opened up an opportunity for unity or friendship in only hours.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is nice to get a little glimpse into your life. Isn't it amazing how God works in our lives patiently making us into the person He wants us to be! God bless you as you serve in Argentina!

Philip

www.xanga.com/jollygreen_EMT

Anonymous said...

Wow, dinner at 11pm! I'm so proud of you. It sounds like things are going well, you're making good friends and you're learning a lot!
~NBredbenner

Who is a missionary?

We are all missionaries, we just have different fields of service. What is yours? I am an international missionary, I get to meet people of all different nationalities and become friends with them, you can too. No matter where you live or what you do our world is very diverse and there are people who need Jesus all around us, reach out to them!